The Programmer Analyst must be able to advise the CIO and executive stakeholders on applicable upgrades, enhancements, technologies, and problem resolution. He or she should be experienced in producing benefit and cost analyses for system modifications and future upgrades, and propose alternative solutions that balance cost and benefit. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker who can present complex technical information succinctly and accurately to a variety of audiences.
The Programmer Analyst is able to work independently and within a team, as well as:
- Assist business groups with the day-to-day support of systems, and critical production issues.
- Perform analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, maintenance, and support of complex applications and processes.
- Evaluate existing applications, identify system vulnerabilities, and present strategic recommendations with the intention to manage risk.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, provide technical guidance on the best use of existing and new technologies, including hardware and software.
- Provide reasonable and sustainable technical solutions and support to complex and high-impacting IT problems that require preparing root cause analysis, problem analysis reports, and recommendations.
- Assist in preparing effort and duration estimates associated with systemic enhancements.
- Meet standards associated with specification development, coding, code review, unit and integration testing, and related documentation.
- Follow systems engineering, development, and deployment best practices.
- Create and maintain documentation, including data models, data dictionaries, stored procedures, functional and technical design documents, acceptance test plans and project schedules.
- 10 years’ well-rounded experience in applications development primarily in MS .NET framework
- Analyze and create technical design document, architectural diagrams, data flow diagrams, system workflows, use case diagrams
- Experience defining and implementing strategies under the direction of a CIO or other senior leadership.
- Strong sense of urgency and demonstrated experience with providing timely resolution to operational issues.
- Above-average analytical, conceptual, and critical-thinking abilities.
- Exceptional written and verbal formal and informal communication skills.
- Solid track record in prioritizing and executing tasks with a commitment to deadlines.
- Demonstrated capability providing guidance, mentoring, and leadership.
- Proficient in identifying, analyzing, and resolving high-impact system problems.