The Senior DW - BI Solution Development Engineer defines complex technical design/requirements for small to large data warehouse and business intelligence projects. The person will develop and/or lead team members in all SDLC aspects of those projects. Direct responsibilities include but are not limited to architecture, design, development, testing, and support of the company’s Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence and Reporting systems. Success in this position requires self-motivation, strong technical ability, cross-functional communication, mentoring and team leadership skills. The candidate will be required to accurately estimate, plan and execute work assignments. This individual is recognized within the team as a subject matter expert of technical and process needs. This person will influence standards and best practices, lead challenging projects and contribute to the overall strategic direction for the team and company.
- Proficiency in design, develop, test, and deploy Informatica ETL mappings for data movement between operational systems, ODSs, and Data Warehouses
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Business Intelligence analytics and reporting solutions according to supplied specifications
- Develop fundamental understanding of business function and related production systems
- Develop and maintain proficiency in a wide range of reporting, data mining, and analytic tools including all those chosen for EIC use
- Create and maintain engineering and operations documentation for all solutions. Ensure operations personnel have the necessary documentation to provide first and second level incident support
- Ensure designed systems are highly reliable, self-recovering, and require little or no supporting manpower
- Consistently deliver according to commitments and project plan dates.
- Help to establish/ evolve/ adopt programming, data management, Change Management and SDLC processes and standards, including naming conventions, formatting and program structure.
- Lead design review discussion for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Lead and/or participate in code reviews
- Mentor and develop technical competency of junior team members.
- Perform and/or lead necessary tuning of database and ETL systems and objects to ensure timing and performance goals are met
- Collaborate with existing and prospective users to define Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence requirements.
- Identify technical opportunities that offer potential to meet departmental / corporate goals.
- Self-directed ownership of support and maintenance for ETL and Business Intelligence applications
- Identify strategic opportunities to grow department vision
- Must have at least 10 years of Data Warehousing experience
- 5+ of ETL experience with Informatica PowerCenter or SAP Data Services.
Background in Business Intelligence tools and architecture. Business Objects and/or Qlikview preferable
- Proficient relational database experience. The individual must have an excellent command of SQL. (MS SQL Server preferred)
- Comfortable working with senior level business managers
- BS in Computer Science or a similar technical discipline
- Comfortable with scripting languages (Python and PowerShell preferred)
- Takes ownership of own professional development
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders by providing a complete and thorough work product
- Ability to work independently or as a team member