· Migrate existing Cognos reports to Power BI Report Server.
- Designs and develops reporting solutions in Microsoft Power BI based on business requirements.
- Provides expertise in data visualization and graphical report design.
- Actively participates in upgrade and migration projects from legacy to Power BI.
- Defines and follows Power BI development best practices.
- Works closely with Product Owners and data development teams to drive requirements to completion.
- Works closely with Power BI report users to tune and optimize Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Maintains and supports existing business intelligence solutions.
- Maintains knowledge of industry standards, best practices and upcoming product releases, with a focus on MS Azure solutions.
- Mentors other developers in utilizing the tools to the best of their abilities.
- Develops and oversees monitoring systems to measure usage and ensure operational stability.
- Capability to define innovation in Power BI space.
· Creates and maintains documentation to support the full software development lifecycle.
· Evaluates business requirements and processes to provide possible solutions and accurate estimates for development efforts.
· Assist with building Data Analytics enterprise models using Microsoft technologies including Power BI, SSAS, AAS, and data flows.
· Assist with the design and development of cubes and metadata using best practices.
· Design, implement and support a platform providing ad-hoc access to large datasets.
· Strong working experience with data lake reporting layers.
- 5+ years’ experience creating complex reports, dashboard applications, and scorecards.
- 5+ years’ Advanced experience with MS Power BI connection types including ODI.
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL, with proven ability to write efficient queries.
- 2+ years’ experience with other BI Tools including Cognos.
- Experience writing reports over various data sources including Oracle, and SQL Server databases.
- Strong problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to concisely and effectively communicate across teams.
- Solid understanding of data modeling concepts.
- Experience in creating SSAS tabular models.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests.
- Ability to follow processes and execute project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Proven ability and desire to grow technical skill set.
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- A strong work ethic, demonstrated attention to detail, and excellent time-management skills.
- Extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency.
· Experience to connect to and transform data in Power BI.
· Experience producing Power BI data models and recommending best practices for the creation of reports and graphics/visualizations.
· Hands-on experience with enterprise business intelligence solution data modeling, data mart and data warehouse architecture.
· Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
· In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Experience working with various Cloud technologies.
- Experience with Agile development and/or Kimball methodology.
· Team player-friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful, and committed.
· Must work cooperatively with others, sharing ideas and collaborating, and ultimately putting team goals first.
· Power BI certification is an added advantage.