Position Summary: MRCC is seeking experienced Voice and Data Technicians for a full-time opportunity to provide assistance with the installation, termination, and testing of various types of voice and data equipment.
The ideal candidate must possess the following: Technicians MUST have experience working with various cables that include, but are not limited to: Category 5, Category 6, single and multi-mode fiber optic cables. Cable installation includes: pulling, placement, termination, testing, and labeling. Knowledge of Telecom systems, TCP/IP networks, card access, video surveillance, and wireless solutions required. BICSI cert (current or past) a plus, but not needed. Cage build, rack install, fiber & copper cabling, (Testing abilities a plus) labeling. We are looking for individuals who will pay attention to detail and work efficiently under minimal supervision.
- Pulling and routing CAT5 or CAT 6 in a large commercial environment
- Installing fiber
- Terminating data jacks
- Installing support structures (ladders, racks, j-hooks)
- Must be comfortable working off lifts
- Ability to install various types of data switches
Scope of work includes:
- Pulling, routing, installing, and terminating structured cabling infrastructure in a commercial environment.
- 5+ years of experience installing voice and data systems in a commercial environment.
- Ownership of basic telecom tools: Punch downs, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, Hard Hat, Boots, Safety Glasses, etc.
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive to customer locations